After several years of evidence gathering, public events and consultation, the Parish Council, in accordance with the requirements of the Localism Act 2011 and Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), ran a formal public consultation on the Pre-Submission Version of the Hurst Green Parish Neighbourhood Plan between 9am on Wednesday 27 July and 5pm on Saturday 17 September 2022.
Hurst Green Parish Council will consider and respond to the comments received before submitting the Plan to Rother District Council, after which it will be subject to consideration by an independent examiner.
If this is approved by the examiner, there will be a local community referendum on the Neighbourhood Development Plan. A majority vote in favour of the Plan will allow the Plan to be formally adopted. Thereafter, it must be taken into account by developers, planners and local authorities when making or considering new developments in our Parish.
Regulation 14 Consultation – Public feedback polls
Statutory Consultees Representations
- East Sussex Country Council – Regulation 14 response
- Environment Agency – Regulation 14 response
- Historic England – Regulation 14 response
- Natural England – Regulation 14 response
- National Grid – Regulation 14 response
- National Highways – Regulation 14 response
- Rother District Council – Regulation 14 response
- Southern Water – Regulation 14 response
- South East Water – did not respond
Site Promoter/Developer Representations
- Wooldridge Developments Ltd / DHA Planning: Possible housing site HG 6 – Regulation 14 representation
- Landstrom Group Ltd / SFPlanning: Possible housing site HG 11 – Regulation 14 representation
- Landstrom Group Ltd / SFPlanning: Possible housing site HG 36 – Regulation 14 representation
- Millwood Designer Homes Ltd / Gillings Planning: Possible housing site HG 22/43 – Regulation 14 representation
- Possible housing site HG 45 – Regulation 14 representation
About the pre-submission draft of the neighbourhood plan
The Pre-submission draft of the Hurst Green Parish Neighbourhood Plan as consulted upon can be accessed via the link shown below.
- Full document – Hurst Green pre-submission draft Neighbourhood Plan (pdf)
Please note on the 1st August 2022, a typesetting error was identified within figure 10.1. This figure was updated to reflect the correct figure from the Hurst Green masterplan.
It was also possible to view a printed version of the draft plan at various locations around the parish, including at Hurst Green Village Hall, the Hurst Green Social Club and at the Burghwood House retirement home.
Supplementary Regulation 14 documents
The Pre-Submission Hurst Green Neighbourhood Plan was screened by Rother District Council to determine if it was likely to have significant environmental impacts that would require it to be accompanied by a Strategic Environmental Assessment and/or Habitats Regulations Assessments. The screening determined that a Strategic Environmental Assessment should be prepared to support the draft Plan. It can be found here:
- Hurst Green – Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Opinion (pdf)
- Hurst Green – Strategic Environmental Assessment (pdf)
Further information about the draft plan can be accessed below:
- The Evidence Base underpinning the Plan (pdfs)
- Hurst Green – Master Plan (pdf)
- Hurst Green – Design Codes (pdf)
- Hurst Green – Designation of Hurst Green Parish as a Neighbourhood Area (pdf)
Representations were collected in the following ways
Representations on the draft plan were accepted in the following ways:
- Completing an online survey
- Downloading a survey form, and returning it by email or by post (see below).
- Picking up and returning a printed copy of the survey form from Hurst Green Village Hall or from local businesses.
- By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By post to: Hurst Green Parish Council, The Parish Office, Village Hall, Station Road, Hurst Green East Sussex, TN19 7PL